Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Goal of the gospel..

I love this hymn very much..




The Goal of the gospel is that
Loving the Lord Jesus with our first love,
We would pour out upon Him
What is most precious to us.
Even our most costly and valuable spiritual treasures
Wasting ourselves upon Him.


I would just pray to the Lord, "Lord, You are the most precious to me, You are the preeminent one in me, cause me to love you with the first love.. all that I am, all that I have belong to you.. I would pour all upon You.."

4 comments:

Christ said...

Amen!
I love this hymn too!

Christ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Lord Jesus, we just love You!
I enjoyed the fact that the gospel has a goal - that we would, out of love for the Lord, waste ourselves on Him! Grow in us to such a degree, Lord!

OST said...

Amen